Welcome to 2016-17 at Mary Hanley Catholic School
It is with great pleasure and pride that we begin a new year of learning and growing in faith with your children at our school. The year ahead will bring many new adventures for all of us. Your children are a precious gift and we will work with you to help discover their potential. While making new friends, learning new skills, and gaining knowledge and confidence, your children will experience many significant milestones in the year ahead. With all of our staff, we look forward to getting to know them and you better in the process. Working together as school, families, and church, we can reach many great heights of achievement.
At Mary Hanley, our motto is “A Place of Joy.” We look forward to exploring this theme and looking for ways to make it come alive each day. Our District theme of “We are called to be leaders of hope and mercy” will also help define our journey as we explore how each of our students is truly a leader who can experience hope and show mercy in their actions.
Looking forward to our year together,
* Many important dates, calendars, and news about our school can be located on our website: maryhanley.ecsd.net
* Newsletters and other announcements will be sent automatically via email to the contact email provided in your registration. Should you wish a paper copy please send a note in with your child requesting this.
* Newsletters will also be added each month to our school webpage.
* School begins each day at 8:23. Supervision begins at 8:08 each morning (for grades 1-6).
* School ends each day at 3:02. Early dismissal each Thursday is at 11:46 (for grades 1-6).
* Parent information evening is Wednesday, September 21 at 7:00 p.m. (for all parents to meet teachers and learn about the programs for this year)
* No school on September 29—professional development for staff
* Fees for this year are $8 for an agenda book. Each class has their own list and options for supplies. Please check in with your classroom teacher for more information. Bus passes are arranged separately through our main office..
* On-line payments are an option for our families: You will require a valid PowerSchool account - the same one parents/guardians use to access report cards. For Kindergarten families and those new to Edmonton Catholic Schools, you will receive your PowerSchool log information soon. Thanks to the many families who have already processed their fees to begin this year online!
* On the back is a calendar that highlights the events upcoming in September. More information about events and photos will be sent home as they draw closer. To plan ahead, the year calendar is posted on our website: maryhanley.ecsd.net Look under the “General” section and click on “Calendar”